* Stopped a 62% reduction in King Salmon stocking in Lake Michigan Waters.
* Increased Lake Trout Limit to 5 per day. (previous 2 per day)
* Cut Lake Trout stocking by 400,000.
# Increased Rainbow Trout stocking in 2017, which included the sought after Skamania Strain.
* Helping local clubs on obtaining and using net pens, promoting increased use of net pens statewide thru conversations with DNR leadership.
* Stopped the proposal to eliminate 2 day paper fishing licenses issued by many charter operators as a convenience for their customers.
WLBA FUTURE GOALS
* Working to improve near shore fishing opportunities by looking at different strains of Brown Trout that near harbors and streams.
* Continue to work to identify a path to create Lake Trout harvest opportunities on the mid-lake reef.
* Continue discussion on speeding up hatchery construction.
* Increase Seeforellen Brown Trout stocking to 2016
* Identify opportunities to increase Rainbow Trout stocking.
* Allocate a percentage of Lake Michigan license sales to local clubs and associations to promote our fishery.
* Partner with WDNR on collecting information concerning predator / prey ratio.
* Increase programs for kids and first time anglers.
* Working with WDNR on adopting a plan moving forward providing a world class fishery for years to come.